Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope
In 1955, Hempstead County Memorial Hospital was opened in Hope, Arkansas. In the early 80’s, the hospital was purchased from the county by AMI, and in 1982, construction began across the street from HCMH at 2001 South Main Street. Medical Park Hospital, a 91-bed acute care facility, opened in September 1983.
The facility has experienced four expansion projects. The first, in 1992, was a 1,983 square foot addition to the OP/GI center. The second was in 1996 when an attached 10,000 square foot, six unit, Medical Office Suite was contructed. This project also included a new lobby and front drive configuration. The final project was in 1999 when the Emergency Room waiting room was expanded with a covered ambulance drop-off. Finally, in 2001, a 2,688 square foot Annex Building was contructed in order to complete a four bed LDR renovation project. At this point the licensed beds count was decreased to 79.
In 1999, the hospital completed renovation projects for Nuclear Medicine and Sleep Lab. In 2000, renovation projects of enclosing the open bay areas in ICU and adding Bone Density to the Radiology Department were completed.
In 2003, construction was completed on the George Wright Professional Building, a 9,600 square foot, six suite Medical Office Building.
The facility was aquired by IASIS Healthcare/Wadley Regional Medical Center on August 1st, 2012. At that time, the name was changed to Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope. Wadley Regional Medical Center in Texarkana, TX is a 371-bed, acute care hospital, serving a 16 county area since 1900.